Warehouse Leading Hand – Perth
- Permanent Full-Time, Monday to Friday day work
- Belmont Location (Free on-site parking)
- Current Forklift License essential
A great place to work.
You may not have heard of us, but we’ve been helping Australian businesses compete for 50 years. And from the moment you walk through the door, you’ll experience a truly great place to work.
At SIGNET, a subsidiary of the Winson Group, our people get the best of both worlds. Our established position, our size and our culture mean you’ll get ‘big business’ structure, support and progression, without giving up the opportunities for ownership, direct impact and trusted, friendly relationships.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a motivated, committed, hands-on and experienced Warehouse Leading Hand. You will be working at the ground level alongside the Warehouse Storeperson completing all tasks required to ensure the Warehouse operates efficiently and effectively, including operating a forklift competently. You will also be responsible for:
- Provide guidance to Warehouse Storeperson in receipt and despatch operations
- Ensure all daily operations utilise standardised procedures and processes
- Ensure all Quality, OHS & Environmental standards are maintained
- Coordinate Goods Inwards and Despatch Processes
- Maintain Goods Inward consumable supplies at optimum levels
- Rectify and report stock discrepancy issues
- Perform stocktakes as required
- Ensure accurate completion of all relevant documentation
To be successful in this role, you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Warehousing environment. Previous supervisory experience will be highly regarded. You will have a current forklift license and solid computer skills, and be able to learn new systems quickly. You will have the ability to make on the spot decisions and work under pressure. You will have substantial knowledge of warehouse and logistics concepts, a high standard of attention to detail, be a team player, and demonstrate the ability to manage your time effectively.
SIGNET has a strong commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibilities with a commitment to supporting our zero-harm philosophy. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol examination prior to employment.
More about SIGNET:
SIGNET is a leading Australian manufacturer and distributor of an extensive range of industrial consumables including packaging, safety and cleaning supplies, successfully operating in the B2B environment. We have purpose-built office, production and warehousing facilities located in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, North Queensland and a presence in Perth.
To find out more about Signet, visit our website www.signet.net.au
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application via http://www.signet.applynow.net.au/.
All applicants must have unlimited working rights within Australia.